View Single Post
Old 08-20-2015, 08:14 PM   #8
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaly View Post
It is definitely not safe from my way of thinking. I also don't believe a proper immunity can be built if the body is trying to build immunity to so many things at one time. Bortadella may be recommended and even necessary if a dog goes to a groomer, but it's not a core vaccine. Good call on recommending the vaccine rather than intranasal. I've never given it, but I understand why it might be necessary in some circumstances. My vet won't give rabies with other vaccines. I also have never given leptospirosis or corona to my Yorkies through the years. Some people do Parvo and distemper separately rather than as a booster shot.
When my friend told me the soon to be 4 month old puppy was getting a Bortadella vac next month, I told her NO, it's not necessary, she said she can't use a groomer unless the pup gets the vac, and added in NYC you HAVE to get it. Well I am form NY Da Bronx and I never had to HAVE my dogs gets that vaccine, but, I am gone 14 years now, so I googled it, and YES, due to a large out break of kennel cough Bortadella must be given, there was a new law recently implemented. I guess since you're on the island it doesn't affect you folks. I also learned (from craigs list what an experience that was pet forum) there is an oral Bortadella and the dogs love the flavor.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!