View Single Post
Old 08-19-2015, 01:14 PM   #9
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieMaysMommy View Post
Thank you both. I know...I really prefer taking her with me. She is such a great traveler and really enjoys it. And my husband and I have so much fun treating her to fun beach walks and lunches on dog friendly patios. She loves adults and other dogs. Its just those pesky kids! She even perks up and gets anxious if a baby is crying on TV. I think moving forward i won't think twice about bringing her with me and telling kids that she is a cranky pup and to ignore her. But for my nephews, my sister in law is a bit intense and would have freaked if I had Maggie with me after the attempted attack at easter. I don't blame her, but in the future I think we will need to just stay at a pet friendly hotel instead of the family condo. Now that I think of it, the cost of a hotel room vs a kennel stay will probably shake out to be comparable! LOL. Then we all win. I am just afraid she thinks the kennel was punishment or something. And I agree - if she doest perk up soon its off to the vet we go. Thanks for the 2 cents!
This is what I would do in the future, personally. It's not terribly difficult to keep the dog separated from the children - whether it's by a leash, a crate, a room, an ex-pen or gates etc. Or like you said just stay in a hotel that is pet friendly. I have left Jackson for brief periods of time in the hotel before-- I set up a camera and I can watch him from my phone, I also leave the TV on etc. You could do this when you have to leave for whatever reason.

I wish you luck. I know how stressful it is. I honestly hate to leave Jackson and I don't trust anyone really except my dad to watch him for longer periods of time. Longest I've left him was like 6 nights and that was WAY too long for me! lol
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!