View Single Post
Old 08-19-2015, 09:48 AM   #7
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieMaysMommy View Post
Thank you both. I know...I really prefer taking her with me. She is such a great traveler and really enjoys it. And my husband and I have so much fun treating her to fun beach walks and lunches on dog friendly patios. She loves adults and other dogs. Its just those pesky kids! She even perks up and gets anxious if a baby is crying on TV. I think moving forward i won't think twice about bringing her with me and telling kids that she is a cranky pup and to ignore her. But for my nephews, my sister in law is a bit intense and would have freaked if I had Maggie with me after the attempted attack at easter. I don't blame her, but in the future I think we will need to just stay at a pet friendly hotel instead of the family condo. Now that I think of it, the cost of a hotel room vs a kennel stay will probably shake out to be comparable! LOL. Then we all win. I am just afraid she thinks the kennel was punishment or something. And I agree - if she doest perk up soon its off to the vet we go. Thanks for the 2 cents!
I agree with others, she's probably just exhausted and is catching up on feeling safe and secure again. Btw, you sound like *such* a great Momma - taking such attentive care to her, what a blessing she is now with you .

On the sister in law, she needs to chillax. What if she had a special needs child or someone who had behaviors that were challenging and inappropriate? You'd probably be the first to understand and be compassionate. She, in return, can choose to be accepting, accommodating, and compassionate toward your situation too. Goes both ways, with all family members, right??!!

In future, you could either stay at a hotel like you said and/or bring along an x-pen or Iris Pen (Amazon or Walmart) to give her a safe area to be when you can't be right with her and/or hold her.

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!