View Single Post
Old 08-19-2015, 09:22 AM   #5
Harrysmum
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieMaysMommy View Post
Thank you both. I know...I really prefer taking her with me. She is such a great traveler and really enjoys it. And my husband and I have so much fun treating her to fun beach walks and lunches on dog friendly patios. She loves adults and other dogs. Its just those pesky kids! She even perks up and gets anxious if a baby is crying on TV. I think moving forward i won't think twice about bringing her with me and telling kids that she is a cranky pup and to ignore her. But for my nephews, my sister in law is a bit intense and would have freaked if I had Maggie with me after the attempted attack at easter. I don't blame her, but in the future I think we will need to just stay at a pet friendly hotel instead of the family condo. Now that I think of it, the cost of a hotel room vs a kennel stay will probably shake out to be comparable! LOL. Then we all win. I am just afraid she thinks the kennel was punishment or something. And I agree - if she doest perk up soon its off to the vet we go. Thanks for the 2 cents!
That's exactly what I was going to suggest - a dog-friendly hotel nearby.

On a personal note, we have a Harry-sitter, we take him to her house (not often, maybe 3 nights per year) and he does adore her. But even 'Huge Harry' comes home absolutely exhausted - nor sure if he's worn out with all the 'different' walks + smells, or whether it's an emotional thing. BUT within a few days we are all back to normal again.

I truly hope all future visits go more smoothly for you, and sweet little Maggie May gets over her doggy-hotel-visit very soon xx
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!