Thread: Microchip?
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2015, 06:08 AM   #6
JadeD
YT 1000 Club Member

I would definitely get your dog chipped!

Teek is 9 years old and he was not chipped when I got him. We have a mobile vet here that microchips for $15.

I was nervous about having him chipped, but I showed up at Pet Sense the day of the mobile vet. I got the time wrong, so I was 30 mins early and we were first in line. I signed him up and they put in the chip. It took like 3 minutes for me to get him signed up and for them to chip him. He did not fuss or anything. It is just like getting a vaccination.

It gives me peace of mind that if he wanders off or escapes that maybe someone will check him for a chip and I will get him back. It is not a guarantee, but anything to help is better than nothing.

I am getting both puppies microchipped when they are fixed.

Some vets charge a lot to microchip them. It should not cost more than about $30. I would look around for a spay and neuter clinic in the area or a mobile vet if it is more than that. I asked the vet that Teek had been going to about chipping him and they wanted $60 for it and I actually laughed at them. My old vet charged me $20 for chip my english setter. I looked around and found the mobile vet and had Teek done with them.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!