View Single Post
Old 08-18-2015, 05:25 AM   #6
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Honestly you can find stories about EVERY drug out there similar to the one posted above. If you use a topical, you're still putting the chemicals into their bloodstream -- it's the same exact thing essentially. That 4 month old dog could've died from anything, it could've been a fluke that he just happened to take the medicine before he passed away. Or maybe he did pass away from the drug, but even so, unfortunately these are risks vs. rewards we have to choose.

I use Nexgard because Jackson swims a lot, for one, and it's a total PITA to try and coordinate a day when I know he won't be in the water (or the day after) to put the topicals on him. I also hated the greasiness of it on his back and petting him afterward and having to avoid that area. We also have a puppy in the house now (my moms dog) who bites and wrestles with him a lot and I wasn't entirely comfortable having her so easily exposed to licking it, biting it, etc.

Anyway we've done 4 doses of Nexgard and I will continue using it (I only use it in the summer months though so probably do one more dose in Sept and then stop it), no side effects what so ever. It's made from the makers of Frontline. It's also been thoroughly tested and I trust it. EVERY drug has a potential for side effects. There are certain ones however I choose to stay away from (i.e. I don't like Trifexis and wouldn't trust it at all).
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!