View Single Post
Old 08-17-2015, 09:49 PM   #5
Animal_Lover
Yorkie Yakker

Well, with dogged () determination I continued my search for answers. I have decided not to give it to her. Though it is a new product to me, it is a familiar product to many others. This story convinced me to not use this product:

We recently went through a similar situation but with NEXGARD. July 17, 2015 @ 2:04 am is when we received the call from the vet at University of Wisconsin-Madison Animal Hospital, that the love of our lives, Gretchen, lost the battle for her little life. She was a Miniature Dachshund. 4 months, to the day, that we gave her the first dose of Nexgard. Our beautifully healthy dog started with vomiting which ...led to horrific, chronic diarrhea. The diarrhea was stripping albumin ( protein) from her body as well as ionized calcium. The complications thereafter were dreadful. For nearly the next 2 months we made weekly/biweekly trips to Madison ( 2 hours away) for treatment. Her intestines were shot. Lymphangiectasia, is what the autopsy reported. Among other meds, she was on, a daily steroid shot which wiped away her immune system. She developed Sepsis and just couldn’t fight it. Our pain is unbearable – knowing that we gave this horrible chewable to her…not once, but twice. Our vet insisted it was safe and not the cause of her vomiting and diarrhea…..he changed his attitude when he received her medical records from the hospital in Madison and has filed a complaint with Nexgard. Naturally, they ” feel bad” about what happened to Grettie, but see no correlation. We are submitting our form to the FDA. Word needs to get out in the public realm that these ” side effects” are real and much more common. This family of drugs, that make up NEXGARD and BRAVECTO needs more public awareness. There are no "coincidences". Susan is right, we need to unite on this matter and not let our most beloved family members have died in vain.

Thank you again, teasel, for your response.
Animal_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!