View Single Post
Old 08-12-2015, 11:24 AM   #3
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by margaritaville View Post
My neighbor just call and said as he pulled out of his driveway a coyote ran across our driveway and front lawn.

Come on we live in coastal NJ. He asked us to check our motion sensor camera and sure enough. There it went. I hate going to my daughters in SC because of the alligators, snakes and hawks. Now I have a coyote here.

Our back yard is fenced but I will be out there with them. Don't you dare come near my babies!

There was a thread here recently that indicated they felt safe from all this carnivorous wildlife running around in the "woods".....Problem is, these threats are invading our neighborhoods....I live in a neighborhood with 500+ homes, on a golf course!! If you are allowing your small dog to go out to the yard unsupervised, even with a fence around your yard, you are going to pay the price......like Mr Goodwrench says, "You can pay now, or you can pay later, but you WILL pay!" I had even looked at these "rollar bars" that someone invented.....you put them on top of any fence, they are essentially a roller bar....and when the cougar/fox/racoon/coyote etc., jumps to the top of the fence, his feet/legs "grab hold" of that roller bar, which spins and keeps the predator from getting a footing/hold of the fence and pulling itself over into your back yard!! Even keeps owls or hawks from landing on top of the fence, waiting for breakfast! WHAT a concept!!! They were a little more than I could afford at the time, but in the future, it will be something I will be re-assessing!
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!