View Single Post
Old 08-12-2015, 07:33 AM   #12
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicgenie View Post
Some of the "hoarder" stories I've heard or read clearly point to a well intentioned person who got swept away in the need to help. It appears they are badly mistreated when the "authorities" raid them. Why isn't "rescue" showing up with a gentle helping hand in those cases? Or are they?
Some rescues do. This topic came up because a rescue was basically roasting a person who had to give up her pups.

I don't see a need for any rescue to "out' anyone who surrenders and/or loses a pup or pups. Rescue imo should just take care of the pups.

What really kills me is that I see rescues taking breeder dogs( from bad situations} in and keeping the identity of the breeders secret....so why wouldn't the same thing apply to an individual?

I think the main problem really is a misunderstanding, or quite possibly and intolerance, of what this really is... a mental illness.

With the puppy mills, you aren't dealing with mental illness and yet people think it is something they should not make public. They cover for the bad breeders saying they do that so they can get more??? How about you work to get the places closed down? Mind boggling to me.
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!