View Single Post
Old 08-12-2015, 06:28 AM   #8
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cha Cha View Post
The fact is, they don't know that it would never happen to them. Your post defines the term animal hoarding, but I think the reason people fall into this cycle can vary. Many think it is a form of mental illness, but I think there is plenty of evidence to show that many people who are animal hoarders found themselves in this situation as a result of suffering from some form of personal trauma be it physical abuse, emotional abuse, tremendous loss, etc. None of us know the cards we're yet to be dealt in life and how we'd respond to loss, trauma, abuse, etc. Unimaginable internal pain and suffering. Instead of getting professional help for themselves they feel they can somehow self help and turn their trauma into helping animals. People also say that you don't know until you've been there. While I am not an animal hoarder, and never have been, I can understand how someone can get into this cycle. I just understand.
Yes, the reasons are varied and are discussed in that article I posted.

Nope...no one can virtually guarantee anything in life...I think it was John Lennon who said that "life is something that happens while you are busy making other plans".
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!