View Single Post
Old 08-11-2015, 10:03 PM   #1
Jkpal
YT 2000 Club Member

Default Piper In(to) Hot Water

The other night when Piper realized I was soaking my feet, she made a beeline for the plastic tub; I thought she was reacting to squeaking toes on plastic. Anyway, I grabbed her because the water was very hot and then made sure I didn't wiggle toes, but Piper remained intensely focused and tried wiggling away from me to get to that water. When the water was simply warm, I set her down, figuring she was just curious and wanted to get a closer look, but she immediately stuck her little head in and went crazy gulping warm water; I mean she kept gulping until I literally pulled her away. A couple of days later, I tried the foot soak again, but Piper was even more excited and sure enough as soon as I let her, practically dove into the tub, gulping warm water like it was nectar from the gods or something... It's just plain ol' tap water and Piper always has fresh room-temp water available. I mean the intensity of her wanting to get at that really warm water was amazing; her little body was tense as it could be while I held her. The first time I let her drink (read: GULP) thinking she'd stop, but her little belly was actually swelling she was drinking so much so fast...it was a bit unnerving, but funny when I knew she was ok--not that funny when I was awakened three times so she could go--and I mean GOOOO outside. This is a non-issue (we rarely come across random tubs of hot water ), however, I am bewildered by Piper's obsession...Whadda y'all think?!
Jkpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!