View Single Post
Old 08-11-2015, 05:02 PM   #2
JadeD
YT 1000 Club Member

I totally get where you are coming from! Our dogs are all bonded to me. They love other people in the house. The exception to that would be my daughter's puppy. She does almost everything for her puppy. She has been gone over a month with her puppy so I expect the puppy to be bonded to her when she returns home with her.

Teek only listens to me. When hubby comes home he is happy to see him, but not at all like the welcome I get with the pawing the air and the guinea pig squealing sounds. Rowan loves my husband, but if I leave he is looking for me. Both Yorkies sleep curled up with my husband and my theory is that my husband produces a lot of heat at night and I do not so they curl up with him to get warm. Last night though Rowan was not feeling well so he was curled with me all night long, wanting his mama.

My husband's dog also sees me as pack leader. Although all dogs in the house will listen to my husband (with maybe the exception of Teek as he listens to only me). However, the husband's dog really does listen to me. He doesn't follow me around the house like the Yorkeis do, but then he doesn't really follow anyone around the house like that. He just isn't that kind of dog.

My teenage son does not like any of the dogs, but when he sits on the couch Rowan will curl up next to him and I see my son stroke Rowan's ear a little bit. It is the cutest thing to see.

My husband works all day and I stay at home so I think that has a lot to do with it, the dogs are with me all day.

I do think they pick who their favorite is no matter who feeds them though. My husband is one of those people that dogs just love, but so am I. While we were dating though he bought me a Husky puppy. The dog lived with me, slept in my bed and I fed it. The minute we went to his house to see him the dog was his and I was dirt under her feet. I was only 20 years old and not as experienced a dog owner as I am now 20 years later. He was bonded with that dog even though I took care of her and she lived with me and not him. Now, I am pack leader where I didn't know how to be back then. I think that is the biggest difference between now and then for me.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!