View Single Post
Old 08-09-2015, 11:14 AM   #122
MarkFromSea
YT 3000 Club Member

I don't know, when we have cooler summers here or excessively rainy, our blossoms on out veggies don't produce. If rain hits our fruit trees's blossom, we end up with a small crop. If cool or too cloudy for days on end, our zuchs don't do well. A fruit might develop on them but they shrivel and sorta mildew.

This year we've experienced the hottest and driest run of temperatures and precipitation ever for the Seattle area. Tomatoes and zuchs are going gangbusters. I left to fish for a few days, upon my return I discovered zuchs big enough to eat the neighbor's dog.

You're probably already doing it but when watering, water the ground and not the foliage. no sprinklers. water first thing in the morning or just before dark at night. every other day.

Just reread what you wrote.... if the plants already have peppers on them, the plant may be favoring the fruit over the blossom... putting what it has to the existing peppers to develop viable seeds instead of producing new fruit. That's fairly common with flowers and veggies. Maybe experiment with one of the pepper plants, pluck off all or most of the existing fruit, see if new blossoms develop new fruit????? Just a thought.
MarkFromSea is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!