View Single Post
Old 08-09-2015, 03:22 AM   #1
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Default Vet say feeding 3 month old pup 45 kibbles a day is over feeding.

Again, I am posting for a friend that has no computer, new puppy, and worries.
she bought a 8 week old Shih Tzu / Bichon mix last month, pup is now 3 month old.
She is feeding the puppy Iams puppy food, this is what the puppy was eating when she bought him, she does not measure food, uses the palm of her hand, kibble is a bit bigger than a pea but flat, she feeds 3 times a day, I told her she needs to free feed the puppy. (Puppy weighs 3.9 Lbs), she said the puppy gobbles up the food, he is always hungry, she said the vet told her if she is feeding the puppy 15 kibbles 3 times a day she is over feeding the pup. I know free feeding is advised, my concern is puppy will gobble up entire bowl then throw it up from over eating too fast. I suggested counting out 15 kibbles and feed every 3 hours (9AM-12-3-6 and 9pm). I don’t know how big or how small the kibble size is. I don’t want to mis-advise her, but feeding a 3 month old puppy less the 45 kibbles a day???? What are your ideas.
Any advice, suggestions I will pass over to her
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!