View Single Post
Old 08-03-2015, 09:00 PM   #3
Jenna AK
YT Addict

Thank you Maximo
We are back from the vet this evening. He has finally relented and come to the same conclusion I have awhile ago...NB is probably causing her problems.
He did a blood panel and all her levels are "rock star" (his words not mine) There are a few that are low and high: her glucose for example was elevated, not surprising-she was highly agitated. Everything else was in normal range but her ALP, which was 18 (normal is 20-150) and her Phosphorous (?) which was 2.9, right at the baseline.
ALT was 34 (normal is 10-118) and ALB at 3.1 (norm is 2.5-4.4).
BUN is 12, normal is 7-25.
So anything I was looking at coming back odd is okay.
We need to find her an alternative vegan kibble, but other than Royal Canin (needs a script) I don't see anything that meets her needs and also that will ship to Alaska.
I'd love to make her own food, but my vet is dead set against it. (That may change too, who knows?) I think even with my rather lacking skills I could manage it. It has to be better than poisoning her with whatever is in NB now.
She has another 2 weeks worth of amoxicillin, in case we didn't get all the bacteria last time. He felt her stomach and the lower abdomen was tight and she didn't want him touching it. He wants to do a special blood panel after fasting her today, first thing tomorrow, and he is sending it off to A&M in Texas. I smiled when I heard that because I know ladyjane often speaks fondly of them.
He says after this test we'll know exactly what is going on with her internals; it's going to cover intestines, pancreas, liver, stomach...everything. For now he wants her to do the fast and then tomorrow we start the next amoxicillin and in the meantime, I'm looking for a new food, both for her and our other dog (who can still eat meat.)

I'm taking an early evening because I've been up all night with Jenna for so many nights now I am seriously sleep deprived. A long drive into town first thing tomorrow...woohoo! (rolls eyes)

But hey, if we finally find out what is bothering my little girl, it is all worth it!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!