View Single Post
Old 08-03-2015, 03:18 PM   #13
capt_noonie
www.yorkierescue.com
Donating Member

Our neighborhood backs up into the desert and the Red Rock Conservatory. I think bc there isn't a ton of development here (actually there is a lot, and building more, but there is still much more desert) that most of the predators stay in their natural habitat. I have seen many rabbits, small birds like quails, of course lizards, but haven't seen coyotes. They must be out there to eat the small animals. I'm thinking they have enough food in the desert that they don't need to wander into the neighborhoods. That was the major reason we saw so many coyotes when we were in Orange County, bc there was almost 100% development and no more natural habitats for the predators. Many dogs and cats were taken. We saw coyotes running around even in the day. Owls and hawks too. I always look to the sky when on our walks but have not seen any large predatory birds yet, but I know they exist and I make myself aware. Instead of ignoring the fact or pretending the threat isn't there.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!