View Single Post
Old 08-03-2015, 12:00 PM   #12
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_noonie View Post
There are definitely owls and coyotes in Fresno. Just bc you haven't had an issue in the past doesn't mean it can't happen in the future. Remember, an ounce of prevention.... and if it happens, a yorkie taken by a predator cannot be cured.

I would suggest to take your dog out to pee before you go to bed. Then keep the door to your room closed so they cannot go out the doggy door at night. I would not feel comfortable letting my dog go out by themselves at night, even if the dog had a run that was completely fenced off, even with a roof, reason being is there are still tiny predators, like black widows, or what I recently learned, mice or rodents that have eaten poison and wandered into your dog's area and dies. If the dog gets to the poisoned rodent, it will also kill you dog. You won't know till morning.

Forgot all about this!! Following the last flooding we had here, all the rats and mice were driven into the neighborhood from the drainage ditches....they put poison out for the rats, which then ran into back yards all around here, looking for water in ponds, swimming pools, etc and died.....and were then found by several of the neighbors dogs...LARGE dogs....that became ill eating the poisoned rodents!
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!