View Single Post
Old 08-03-2015, 11:16 AM   #10
capt_noonie
www.yorkierescue.com
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitzi Vyci View Post
Hi. We have a well secured back yard and do not have owls or other such critters in the city area. But thank you for the concern. Our last yorkie, Lizzy was almost 5 lbs and lived to be almost 12 years. She too was allow d the freedom and loved thinking the yard was hers! However, if I lived where there were dangers to our Mitzi I would definitely not let her out alone! We all adore her. Thank you for your replies and I am so sorry about what happened to your pet. What a very sad and horrible memory for you.
There are definitely owls and coyotes in Fresno. Just bc you haven't had an issue in the past doesn't mean it can't happen in the future. Remember, an ounce of prevention.... and if it happens, a yorkie taken by a predator cannot be cured.

I would suggest to take your dog out to pee before you go to bed. Then keep the door to your room closed so they cannot go out the doggy door at night. I would not feel comfortable letting my dog go out by themselves at night, even if the dog had a run that was completely fenced off, even with a roof, reason being is there are still tiny predators, like black widows, or what I recently learned, mice or rodents that have eaten poison and wandered into your dog's area and dies. If the dog gets to the poisoned rodent, it will also kill you dog. You won't know till morning.

Last edited by capt_noonie; 08-03-2015 at 11:18 AM.
capt_noonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!