Thread: Hi
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2015, 06:09 AM   #4
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Until she is 100% potty trained you cannot give her free roam of your home. Give her a small area, gate off rooms you don't want her in Set her pee pad in one area. When I had pups and they peed or pooped where they felt like, I would take the poop set it on the pad pick up the pup, set her on the pad with the poop on it and give the command "poo poo on the pad". If the peed some where I took the pad, absorbed the pee with the pad, took the pad back where it was, pick up the pup, place her on the pad with the pee on it, then give the command "pee-pee on the pad". All my now passed pups were 100% pad trained by 5 months old. Puppies are a lot of work and you need a LOT of patience with them, potty training is not an over night thing. If you got this puppy against your BF's wishes, or if you got this pup because it was what YOU WANTED you cannot / should not expect your BF to pitch in and help you. He will discourage you about having this puppy, I can see that by what you wrote as one of his responses. YT members advise all new owners of yorkies to get this helpful book called "yorkies for dummies" I believe it can be purchased on amazon,com. It has everything you need to know about yorkies. When I got my first yorkie there were no computers, I searched book shops and bought every book I could find on yorkies. Search our YT library, it is filled with much information on yorkie puppies. If you are talking yourself into "it is to much work" you will fail at training this baby. YOU must be positive and tell yourself "I CAN DO THIS" seems like you are giving up before even trying. Yorkies are an awesome intelligent, loving, entertaining, loyal breed, PLEASE do not give up on this baby. You have to educate yourself on this breed. Read on potty training, keep all wires, lamps, TV, stereo wire out of pups reach, they are teething and will chew on anything, furniture, carpets, they must me supervised at all times. I never crate trained any of my puppies so I cannot suggest the best crate, playpen or X-pen. Other members will be along to offer advise and suggestions. Once YOU have this baby trained you will wonder how you ever lived without her.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!