View Single Post
Old 08-01-2015, 03:15 PM   #2
SirTeddykins
aka ♥SquishyFace♥
Donating Member

I would suggest not kissing her on the head or near the face. A lot of dogs do not like this and find it intimidating and, therefore, will snap. You should correct the problem by saying 'NO BITE' when it happens but certainly do not put yourself in the position to get bit or put her in the position to bite by repeating the behavior. It seems unfair to impose 'kissies' on her if they make her uncomfortable.

Also, it seems like 8 weeks isn't very long for her to have been acclimated to the house yet? It took my puppy a good year or more to understand how to read the body language of my cat. Things do take time so I would try to not worry so much about the two being friends just yet. I think they are still probably just trying to figure things out right now.

However, if you have any concerns, I would call the shelter and ask them for a recommendation for a behaviorist. They will have used their own to vet dogs for adoptability so may be able to provide you a recommendation and training free of charge. I know this has worked for another member in the past when I recommended it and was met with great success. Like you, the other member (and myself) are in the UK.

Hope this helps and maybe some others will come along with their own perspectives and advice.
SirTeddykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!