View Single Post
Old 07-31-2015, 08:06 PM   #188
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Default continued

So where was I? Gasoline Alley Well we went direct to the show site - found and got electric and set up a spot suitable for 5 shelters and 8 Blackies. We were very proud of ourselves to get there early and to get a prime spot! We had a quick al fresco lunch - fed and walked doggies. Then I went shopping for the inevitable we forgot this or that.

I found out a local swimming spot! hurrah! So we quickly threw our doggies in the van - and headed out. Oh and we thought better check into our motel along the way. That was done with dispatch and we didn't get lost from here to there or there to the swimming grounds. Of course we never count turning around twice or less as getting lost!

now that swimming spot was important as I wanted to bathe Dara - at least her beard n legs for the show tomorrow.

We got ourselves oriented and then well things started to go south a bit. My hubby and I lack good co ordination and communication skills! I am trying to change into my beach shoes - get the shampoo in the shoulder sling 0 get the toy for water - get the poo bags and all of a sudden he has already the two blackies out and leashed around his waist. What? And Magic is being bad bad boy. I could have killed him... Magic does not obey him like me. But hey guess Hubby wants to be Macho Man with two big dogs. So we get away from the car to the trail.4

It is a disaster! Both Magic and Dara following Magics lead are pulling like they never had obedience training in their flocking lifes! Dave is getting angrier and more mad. I offer to take Magic (I have Razz) he says NO.

Well we walk this way along the beautifull shore line for about a kilometer when we find a relatively good place to swim. I say to Dave neither Magic nor Razzle are going in - leash them around the bench and I will take Dara into the water. This is necessary as she needs a bath. Well we go in - she does okay but shy with the high waves - but I get washed on her what I needed washed.

We start to return to our car. NO KEYS for CAR Good Lord. Everything is in our car. Money credit cards, cell phones et al.

I am in my bathing suit with nothing! Well finally I get to go to a recreation center before it closes to beg to use their phone to call CAA - my hubby spent one hour looking for the lost keys We wait another hour for CAA to come. Then CAA opens our door and we can push the car out to be towed. Lovely man he takes us to our motel and tows our car onward to the dealership so we can get a key made Sat.

We arrive of course at our motel - Dave takes a cab back to the showgrounds to rescue our food left there and various other things. We wonder how he will with Dara get to the showgrounds tomorrow for the show.

I{n the midst of me preparing dinner a soft knock on our door. The tow man has our keys!!!!!!!!!! Someone turned them into the recreation center and that person called our tow man. TG for small towns.

So stay tune for how the weekend turns out!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!