View Single Post
Old 07-29-2015, 05:58 AM   #1
dawn27
2+2=4 X the Love ♥
Donating Member

Unlove I Can't take much more BAD News !!

I don't know how much more bad news I can handle. On top of Miah's resent diagnosis with diabetes now my husband has health issues, some very serious.

He was on the roof doing a minor repair and hurt his back. He was laying on the floor to try and relieve the pain and was in excruciating PAIN. This man was in tears and I was at a loss of what to do to help him. All I could do was try to comfort him and urge him to seek medical attention. I knew it was serious but he hates needles and doctors and being burdens with the medical cost and never ever goes to the doctor. Finally by the following morning he was in so much pain that he asked if he could go to urgent care. While there his blood pressure was through the roof, partly do to the pain and his nerves of being in a medical office but he's has HBP since his teens but he chose to not continue his meds. No matter this injury or illness he has always just bared the pain at suffered but not this time. He's always had high blood pressure but hasn't been on meds for a very long time. Well his BP was 247/140 and lowered to 224/140 before he left but it gets worse. They heard something in his heart and when they did an EKG they found out that he has a heart issue. I wasn't there, I was as the vet with two of the pups. From what I understand its something with the lower left vertical pumping in blood but not pumping in out quickly enough. They were shocked that he was still standing and urged him to go directly to the ER but her refused. He didn't have any other issues that would lead them to believe it was life threatening such as headaches, numbness, chest pain, dizziness. I doubt that the result would have been any different even if I had been there. He's not only as big as an ox he's just as stubborn as one. They made him sign a waver releasing them of any responsibility if anything should happen after he leaves their care. So he left the office with 3 prescription meds for his back and a Hail Mary !!

So I think this was the wake up call that he needed. It scared the crap out of him, and me. So thank god he is going to see a doctor, he has a follow up visit to see about getting back on his high blood pleasure meds after being off of them for 30 years. Of course we are uninsured so it will be an out of pocket cost but will be worth every penny if it will help regulate his PB and save his life !!

The hear issue is a whole other story, we'll see what they say at the visit and go from there. Doc apt isn't until Aug 19th. It was the earliest we could get in to see anyone.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!