View Single Post
Old 07-28-2015, 11:31 AM   #4
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

I'm very fussy about the treats I give my dogs, Yorkies need so few calories and store bought treats are usually made for much bigger dogs. It's really important that Yorkies don't become overweight since they are prone to knee problems, also, pancreatitis is another problem that many Yorkies seem to have and careful selection of foods may prevent this. In addition, the quality control isn't the greatest, since most treats are now made in China, and sold under well known Amercian brand names. Don't know if you heard about the thousands of deaths caused by chicken jerky. Questions and Answers Regarding Jerky Pet Treats. I think there are many human foods that are great for treats. I used plain cherrios when training Joey to sit still for grooming and also to reward during potty training, they are a good size for Yorkies and you can give ten without ruining their appetite. Most trainers say many small treats are more effective than one large. Other great treats are thawed frozen green beans cut into small pieces. My two love apples, blueberries, peas, and chicken. The only store bought treats I buy are the freeze dried liver and chicken, but they are much cheaper if you make them yourself by slow oven drying them. So think healthy when you decide on a treat.

Last edited by Nancy1999; 07-28-2015 at 11:34 AM.
Nancy1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!