View Single Post
Old 07-27-2015, 08:40 AM   #3
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

I have mixed feelings on this, I've watched Hoarders and I know that it's really difficult to get the animals away from some people, even in the case of extreme neglect. These people don't mean to be cruel, but they are so out of touch with reality that they are being very abusive. This article talks about billing the owners for vet care even though the owner may not get the pet back, in my opinion, that is how it should be, who should have to pay for their vet care? Taxpayers? No thank you. I mean there are always abuses of any agency, but some of the stories sound a little sketchy. For example, the owner who accused of neglect because his horses were skinny:

Quote:
He said the horses had lost weight simply because they were sick and he was overwhelmed. But a local SPCA filed charge after charge against him for what it said was inhumane treatment.
Were they under vet care, the story doesn't give many details, but would people be happier if the horses stayed with the owner and they continued to
lose weight while he continued to be overwhelmed? I do believe that a qualified veterinarian should be working with the SPCA to cut down on abuses.

Join today and remove this ad!