View Single Post
Old 07-23-2015, 04:17 PM   #7
bjh
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnR View Post
She was notified at the same time I was, and that is why we sent in the DNA test in the first place. She never was required to do one before, that frequent sire thing, I guess I was the lucky one, not. AKC said that it was somewhere up the line from her...I did not think to ask about earlier litters from the male as I was concerned about mine. I am going to offer to give back some of the purchase price, but it is a dilemma as to how much? I sold her for $1000, I want to be fair, but what a mess! They AKC say that after 3 generations the dogs can be AKC not conditional but that is very confusing, and makes me believe I should not breed them.
I know of a couple of breeders that have had this happen to them. I think one of the breeders was able to figure out who the correct sire was. In the other case they were never able to figure it out.

As for how much to give her back, that is up to you. Perhaps offer her half her money back. I think the lesson learned here is that it is best to not give breeding rights to people when you sell a pup. I always sell mine with limited AKC registration.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!