View Single Post
Old 07-23-2015, 04:02 PM   #4
ColesMommy01
YT 1000 Club Member

D*mned if you do, d*mned if you don't. I understand patient/client privilege, but how can a vet morally not report that a lost dog has been found especially if the owner's info is utd? The pet and owner's reunion could be a mere phone call away!

I may sound like a witch but if my pups had gotten away, I really could care less how attached the people who've found them have gotten. Give me my pups back, period.

Would this be considered stealing(since the finders would be withholding the animal they KNOW isn't theirs and they have the rightful owner's info) in some sense? What about the laws that say finders of lost animals have to actively look for the rightful owner before they lay claim?

Why wouldn't vets want to do their part in helping their clients actively look per the law? I think stealing(actively withholding) anything thats monetary value is over $500 is considered a felony isn't it? Why wouldn't a vet report that?

Another question in the line of thinking regarding patient/client privilege; Wouldn't a vet contact the proper authorities if a client was abusing animals? How would this be any different since they'd both be breaking the law?
ColesMommy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!