View Single Post
Old 07-23-2015, 12:43 PM   #4
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnR View Post
Thank you for any advice; I used a beautiful little stud for my last litter. He had AKC paperwork, and my female also AKC registered had a litter. We received the notice from AKC that he was a frequently used sire, I guess I was litter 7 or 8 that he sired. First time tested for DNA, the resulting letter back from AKC stated that it was a conditional litter, so somewhere along the line there was a mistake on the sires pedigree. But what would you all do now? I sold a little female stating she was AKC we kept one female for ourselves, the other two puppies the new owners never planned to registered them and they are already neutered. I know I will not use him as my stud again, and probably not use the female we kept for breeding (darn she is perfect), but what would be fair to the female owners as they do not want to give her back for another puppy in a coming litter? They did plan on breeding her. I do not want to be dishonest. Also does AKC now go back and change the previous litters he sired also? The owner of the male also had no idea and I do believe she did not have any knowledge of this. Suggestions? Thanks in advance.

My first suggestion is to call and speak with the AKC about this conditional registration. What it means - and when will it be resolved. Then you can also ask for advice particular to your situation - that you sold with full registration a female puppy - and what do they suggest you do in this situation? The owner of the sire has no idea? I can't imagine why if you got notified she did not. Where did the DNA sample come from then if not from her dog?

Once you have your answers from AKC then you can make a better informed decision. I would also get AKC advice in writing...
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!