View Single Post
Old 07-23-2015, 10:13 AM   #7
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

I took a litter of babies that was 5 months old, along with momma, to my brothers home at Canyon Lake....he had a wonderful, fenced in back yard and I put the dogs out in the back yard so we could play......HUGE mistake!! He has TINY little burrs in his back yard that none of us knew about....those babies and momma were quickly covered with these tiny burrs....cockle burrs???, I have NO idea, but what a hot mess! I had to shave all my babies completely down to their skin to get all those burrs off them....found out they also have those at the beach, where I had taken another group of my adults to enjoy a week at the beach, and the same thing happened!So, I have shaved down completely, 5 month old puppies as well as momma and a year later, several adults. That is when I realized they seem to enjoy the coolness of short hair and it was sooooooooooooooooo much cooler in the Texas heat, and easier to maintain with all the wet and wild summer play things we do in the back yard.....

Their hair will indeed grow back with no problem.....dont fret!! But dont be surprised if you see what color their fur is programmed to become when they get older!!
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!