Thread: Good news!
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2015, 05:07 AM   #10
Maximo
♥ Maximo and Teddy
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus is Loved View Post
I have posted before that I am 47, and Zeus is my first pet ever. Well, I went to the doctor this morning and my blood pressure is the best it's been in years. The doctor asked what I was doing different -- I simply stated puppy love! He said that will do it. He said there are studies that show dogs lower blood pressure and anxiety and make you live longer. I told him (with no offense to my husband and child) I have never felt more loved, needed, and wanted. My sweet furbaby is waiting at the door with a wagging nubbins, circles, and shuggies (sugars, as I call them).
Great news, and I agree with you about the power of puppy love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyorkiemilo View Post
I have a special needs child who suffers from chronic pain episodes due to a genetic disease. Since he was 18 months old dogs have been able to comfort him better than any pain med he has ever tried. The hospitals have awesome programs with therapy dogs that come visit the kids and it really makes a difference. Our yorkies bring so much comfort to my son it's really amazing how much of a difference it makes. Sometimes at night he can't sleep due to pain or other discomfort and 10 minutes with the pups and he is already relaxing so the pups are my first line of defense.
So sweet! I'm happy to hear your Yorkies are a wonderful source of comfort for your son.

Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!