View Single Post
Old 07-21-2015, 09:43 PM   #4
anneclaire
YT Addict

I have a little jack Russell I rescued 7 yrs ago that someone had just "dumped" The vet thought she was about a year old at the time. She has been diabetic for 3 years. I give her 2 shots a day and she has a blood curve every 6mo. After we finally got her regulated I have had no problems . Every now and again ( when I forget to put Spices ,my yorkie, food up after she eats and Sugar will come along and eat it! ( she will have a little ,what I call , episode . She will be kinda lethargic but I will give her a couple T of SD AD and she comes right out of it. She is blind now from diabetes but she handles it so well. She is what I call my perfect baby as she is about as perfect as any furbaby can be. She has been from day one. BIG difference in her and my little crazy Spice! LOL Spice keeps me on my toes for sure but I wouldnt part with that ornery little imp for anything. Sugar and Spice are day and night, I sure named them right too ! LOL
Anyway diabetes is a terrible thing but the shots are very important and the diet. After your little one gets regulated it will be easier for you and her too. Took Sugar about 6 mo. I joined a diabetic forum for dogs and I feel some go way too far , they will do blood checks and curves themselves and decide how much insulin to give, I do not agree with that. I feel I have a very good vet and I leave that in her hands as long as Sugar is doing well.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!