View Single Post
Old 07-21-2015, 03:11 AM   #11
Maximo
♥ Maximo and Teddy
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kewy View Post
I'm having such a hard time with applying eye drops into my puppy's eye. Does anyone have suggestions?
I put Max on a counter top, granted he was already an adult and trained for grooming. Go to the place where you normally groom your puppy if it has adequate lighting.

I used the keyword 'medicine' and spoke in a happy, calm voice. I placed my hand on his jawline to steady his head without hurting his neck. Thumb on one side, fingers on the other. If you have another person to help, the other person could hold your baby's body.

It's a bit of trick steadying the head and holding the eyedrop bottle downwards toward the eye, aiming for the medicine to drop into the eye. Try to be confident and not show your pup any anxiety. Try to do it swiftly too. Usually pups squirm less if you just do things confidently and without hesitation like vets and their techs. You might miss, but just try again quickly.

Once you are finished, reward and praise! Max got to the point where I didn't even have to hold his head. Good luck!

Maybe Diana will have some tips for what worked for her baby.

Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!