Thread: Showing Yorkies
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2015, 01:57 PM   #6
bjh
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

Hi Aria, welcome to YorkieTalk. Showing yorkies can be lots of fun and very rewarding. To do it right you need to do a lot of research and be ready to spend lots of money. It takes a huge commitment to grow a show coat on a yorkie. In order to make a yorkie a champion it usually required a lot of traveling to the dog shows and it can get very costly. If you have a very nice representative of the breed you can easily spend 3 to 4 thousand in expenses before they become a champion. Also expect to spend around 3 thousand for a good show quality yorkie.

You have to be so careful in choosing your yorkie. Most of the show people I know won't even sell a show quality yorkie to a novice person. If you do find someone that would be willing to sell you a yorkie they usually require you to sign a strict contract. My advise would be for you to attend some shows and get in contact with some members of the Yorkshire Terrier Club of America that live in your area. I wish you the best of luck and please feel free to ask more questions if you have any.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!