View Single Post
Old 07-18-2015, 10:23 AM   #181
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Default Market day today!

Well our young lass is growing up! Lots of people attention, but she was really focussed on Dave and I - and while accepting pets she is starting to show that aloofness that is part of an adult Blackie. She did really well at ignoring the small chi's that were present!

I had to buy some strawberries - they smelt ever so good! She loved her strawberry treat - but spit out the cucumber piece I gave her! LoL I think she was wanting another strawberry. We also got the first crop of corn on the cob - I live for summertime to get to that fresh corn - fresh veges - I am in seventh heaven - I could have bought out the whole market! As it is I can barely fit all the fruits n veges in my fridge.

Lots of folks were buying flats of strawberries so I am pretty sure there will be a lot jam making etc going on this wkend.

\I just finished with her obedience practice and she is coming along - again best with heel not so good with sit stay and down stay. She does not like it when I am out of sight.

I will try out her obedience right after her afternoon long walk to see if she is tired out if she will be better at sit stay etc. This is one high energy gal I am happy to say.

Tomorrow we go to Center Island and Dara will get her first ferry boat ride as well as a subway ride. That outta be interesting. Also there is a Vegetarian / Indian Festival going on so the place should be packed. We can swim her in Lake Ontario as it is forecasted to be quite hot.

I will probably take RAzzle as well.

I can't wait until I can safely put a loaded backpack on her - she can earn her keep so to speak. Carry her own water - carry groceries for me etc.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!