View Single Post
Old 07-17-2015, 10:25 AM   #1
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Default Is your dog happy?

Is Your Pet Happy?

I agree with much of this article but I would say that some variety in a routine is also exciting and good for a dog.

I feel that mainly dogs just want to be with you. With you almost anywhere. That is why I try to at times just take one dog away with me for a day or a weekend. Sometimes we will spend an overnight in a motel - after a hike and a swim. Saunter around the next day in a strange town - and then return home.

Mostly our dogs are fed after we the humans eat - but occasionally I will feed them before. Sometimes walks are delayed because of rain - or shortened up due to frigid temps.

Sometimes I walk the dogs one at a time - and you should see the excitement in the two left at home when I return. The sniffing of each other etc. Then the next one gets to go on a walk alone with Moms!

When I train especially near to our home the other two noses are pressed against the front window - and the whining to come out can get intense.

My dogs get engaged watching the other dog train out front - and when it is their turn they are so eager to go!

JMT
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!