View Single Post
Old 07-17-2015, 08:13 AM   #1
fmlittle
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Selling puppy with Luxating Patella

Hi everyone,

I have a question. I am in the process of selling my second litter of puppies (I own both parents). This paticular litter I have a puppy that was diagnosed with a Level 1 Luxating Patella. The vet said its very mild and he may outgrow but would ask that he not be used for breeding. I've done some reasearch and a lot of what I see is that its hereditary and could worsen and neither of my dogs or their parents have this not to mention they have produced 14 other puppies that have not had this condition. I reduced the puppies price and have made it aware to any interested buyer but everyone seems leery about purchasing him or have asked me to drastically reduce the price more. After all of this I'm thinking about just keeping him myself he is such an awesome little guy and deserves a good home.

So here are my questions. Do you think I should get him checked out by another vet in the case he was misdiagnosed? Has anyone heard of puppies being misdaignosed before? I can't find anything about this issue being something they outgrow...has anyone else heard of this?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
fmlittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!