View Single Post
Old 03-03-2006, 04:12 PM   #12
SnowWa
YT 2000 Club Member

I do think some of the pet forums are a little rough at times. I know there are several hot topics -- where people will jump right in and often question your motives, etc. It is all well meaning - but it certainly can be intimidating, and often you have a lot of people telling you what to do or criticising you before they even know all the facts. I have seen this happen so many times!!!!

This time - I think you really explained yourself well from the get-go. You certainly had my support from your initial post.

I belong to a bird forum that is the worst yet. If you mention that your bird kisses you near your mouth - 30 people jump right on to tell you that your saliva is very dangerous for a bird and if you don't stop it - your bird is going to die, die, die!!!!! If you think we're bad with our Yorkies - you ought to visit this bird forum. If you say that you have been letting your bird kiss you on the mouth for years - they'll say "You've just been lucky. If you do it again tomorrow - he'll die!"

Whatever - sometimes we need to just settle down (me too) and give people a break! Right?

Carol Jean
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!