View Single Post
Old 07-16-2015, 05:47 AM   #7
dawz1026
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 107barney View Post
Sorry for my last response being short. I was on my phone. My dog has a tremor and appears to do a "two step". To make a long story short, his "tremor" became worse after a medication he was taking. I took him to a large vet school on an emergency basis and the vet thought he was having seizures. I wasn't sure so I took him to my vet neurologist in Boston and we did all the testing which was very expensive but I had to know if he had a brain tumor. He ended up being totally normal. My vet said that he thought that the odd body movements were due to the loss of brain cells in the thalamus area of the brain (which normally smoothes out fine motor movements).

If you saw my dog, you would think he was ataxic or drunk walking at times. He otherwise still has a very good quality of life and is turning 15 next month. So try not to worry too much, these neurological types of things can be very hard to assess, even with all the testing. If your dog has "something bad" then you will see it getting worse.

Let us know what your vet says.

Thanks..we have 1130 neurologist appt. The Vet said it is strange.Not quite a seizure so she recommended a neurologist. He is still playing and eating etc.Just tremors and off balance..praying..
dawz1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!