View Single Post
Old 07-14-2015, 09:33 PM   #1
maxdog
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

Sad My poor boy broke 2 bones

My poor baby Max broke 2 metacarpal bones tonight in his front right paw. He was chasing his sister around the house, like they always do, and he mistimed a jump. There is about a 6" step going from the family room to the kitchen and we have a gate there. The gate was open but it has a rail along the bottom that is about 1" off the ground because of the shoe molding. He zoomed past us in hot pursuit of Sasha, which he has done a thousand times before, but this time when he made the jump he started yelping bloody murder. We think his little paw went under the rail and broke the 2 bones. We took him to the emergency vet, where the x-ray showed the breaks. The vet said they were clean breaks, which is good. They put a huge splint that covers his whole leg on him. He is high as a kite right now but when he sobers up he is not going to like that. We are going to have to keep him in a crate for up to 12 weeks while he heals. We tried crating him when he was a pup and he HATED it. I have a crate in my office from when Sasha had her surgery so I will take him to work with me for at least the 1st week to see how he reacts to the crate.
It breaks my heart to see my baby in pain.

Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!