View Single Post
Old 07-14-2015, 05:11 PM   #1
LiBear
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Newly formed Jealousy and interdog Aggression

My yorkie is 1 year old, she's the sweetest little girl and loves getting attention from people. When I first got her, she had no problems playing with other dogs. She would jump around and tease them to get them to play with her. Lately however, she has lost interest in other dogs at the dog park and has even started fights with some dogs. A lot of it seems like jealousy. She's been showing signs of jealousy and aggression when another dog comes up to me or my husband.

We were at the park today and another dog and his owner came in. My yorkie was getting attention from the other dog's owner. She was friendly to the other dog, that is until the other dog decided to go to its owner for attention. My yorkie all of a sudden acted like it wanted to dominate the other dog and backed it into a corner and stared it down. Thank god I grabbed her in time because shortly after they were fighting.

If anyone has any advice on what to do I'd greatly appreciate it. I think I will stop taking her to the dog park for now until I know she can behave, but sadly I fear I might never be able to take her to the park again. I'll also look into getting a trainer but I'm not sure how much that would help since this only seems like a jealousy issue towards other dogs. She was trained as a puppy and is very well trained already.
LiBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!