View Single Post
Old 07-13-2015, 09:16 AM   #5
bellajayne
Senior Yorkie Talker

Our fox terrier Maggie was diagnosed when she was 5 years old with Addison's...same symptoms as Roxy. We were very careful about getting her to the vet for her shot monthly...if she went over at all she would regress so its something you need to be on top of. Her shot was called percortin. After 5 years her vet taught us how to give her the shot and ordered a bottle for us so we could save $ because it became costly. He was great about it and it helped alot. Maggie passed away last summer at the age of 13. She lived 8 years with Addison's and my vet said she was his most successful case. He shared that many people aren't good about consistently getting the shot and then the dogs crash and recovery is so hard on them. Maggie lived a very good managed life with the disease. Occasionally she became symptomatic but overall had a great quality of life. She died in her sleep I believe from just natural causes. She was sweet and loving and we miss her very much. ...I hope you have a long happy life with roxy!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!