View Single Post
Old 07-10-2015, 11:21 AM   #2
107barney
T. Bumpkins & Co.
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marioana View Post
So I tried everything and after yesterday's scare I am ready to make Chewie (3 and a half year old stubborn yorkie )homemade food just so that he eats.
Let's start with the beginning. He started with Fromm more than 3 years ago , and when he didn't want it anymore; I started switching to Acana, then Orijen, then Nature Variety, adding Stella & Chewy's frozen patty's on top of kibble and he would eat in the beginning and then, in time, he would stop eating. I made once chicken soup, and gave him the boiled chicken breast; first day he ate it, next day so and so, the third day he wouldn't touch it .
He has some days when he doesn't touch the food ( he is free fed) and the he throws up bile. Yesterday he threw up and then he fainted ( I think), he wasn't moving so we rushed him to the doctor where he was fine. They gave him an anti nausea medication and he was lethargic all afternoon and he would refuse to eat. This morning he seemed better, I gave him a couple of egg yolks which he gobbled up.
My concern is if I start to give him homemade food, his teeth will suffer ( he hates toothbrushes, although I bought 2 different flavors of toothpaste). For those that feed your yorkie wet food, how do you solve this problem?

Home cooked food does or soft food does not make your dog's teeth worse. If your dog hates toothbrushes, you can use a piece of gauze over your finger and "brush" his teeth that way. A water additive may also help. We use TropiClean water additive and like it.

I would not change foods as often as you are in a dog that is vomiting bile. I would try one particular type of food and stick with it. We home cook, but we follow recipes and each dog eats different ingredients.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!