View Single Post
Old 07-09-2015, 08:14 AM   #1
Hermione
YT Addict

Default Going Away for 3 weeks

Hello, I'm just about to travel from Malta to London to be with my partner, unfortunately he is going to have a stem cell transplant.

I've arranged to have a friend to pop into my house everyday to feed my five cats, however, she can't look after my Jake and I certainly don't want to leave him by himself all day and all night. Neither do I want to leave him in kennels. So I've arranged to leave him with a couple who I've met up with on several occasions. I don't know them too well but they've looked after dogs before and are looking forward and excited at the thought of having Jake. Jake has met them once, he licked their toes and seemed very comfortable with them but I'm so concerned that when I leave him with them on Sunday he will be very unhappy. This will be the first time that we will be parting. He seemed okay when my partner left to go to London. The couple are retired and will be with him for most of the day.

I tried to arrange to take him with me but changed my mind as he would be alone most the time while I'm at the hospital. I will probably make a pet passport for him so that if we go abroad on holiday we will take him with us. I'm concerned about the Rabies shot - has anyone had any problems with it? It isn't obligatory here but it is required in other countries as you know.
Hermione is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!