View Single Post
Old 03-03-2006, 01:03 PM   #1
Tashasmom
YT 500 Club Member

Default How do I handle people that are against breeding

I am not sure if I would be considered a breeder yet. I only have two yorkies that have been bred (but I have bred a couple dogs in the past a GSD and APBT) but anyway I want to be one. But my question is how do you handle people that criticize what you do. They make me feel like i've went and killed someone sometimes. I'm proud of all of my animals and I"m proud of my new puppies so I don't understand why so many people that own pets make breeders out to sound like we are dirt beneath their feet. How do they think they got their pets? It is upsetting to me.
I do have a love for all animals my kids and I have donated hours days weeks and months fostering and helping at animal shelters. And it's not cheap doing that because when we go to an animal shelter we have to walk in sanitized and walk out sanitized to make sure we bring nothing home to our animals. We had to buy special clothes and shoes to wear there and everything. We also have fostered animals out of our own pockets. That means each animal had to be tested for everything under the sun to make sure it had nothing it could bring to my home. Plus food toys ect. that was all out of our pockets. At this moment right here I am fostering 4 german shepherd mixed breed puppies. Their total care has all been out of my pocket. So yes I breed but I also advocate for unwanted animals as well. If we didn't breed what would happen to all of the purebred animals in the world.
Tashasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!