View Single Post
Old 07-03-2015, 03:09 PM   #16
capt_noonie
www.yorkierescue.com
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 805joedaddy View Post
I guess i'm narrow minded on fixing the parents. For one I only own the female. So I cant do much for fixing the male it's not my dog. The second is she's had litters before and those puppies that she had have also had puppies that all came out normal. Just cause it has a certain gene in means I cant supply puppies to people that are inline to buy my puppies? My friends sister keeps having kids and they all come out autistic 4 out of 5 of them does that mean she should stop having babies also? I would think that would be more of a thing to worry about than dogs with certain defects. All my puppies come out healthy and i sell them with a health guarantee. I don't really see the big deal about breeding them. But hey like i said i guess I'm narrow minded and stupid.
If you can't fix the male, you can't, since he is not yours. But your female is a carrier. It needs two recessive genes for it to come out. For example, blue eyes. If only one parent has a blue eye recessive gene, the child will no way have blue eyes. But if both parents have blue eye recessive then the child has a chance of having blue eyes. Now do you understand? It is not possible for a blue born to come out unless both parents carry the gene.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!