View Single Post
Old 07-03-2015, 01:16 PM   #5
smartpuppiepets
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillygirl View Post
He said I may have to bottle feed if her milk does not come in because of the tumors. And he wants to wait till after babies are born to figure out what to do for the cataracts.And of course spaying and surgery for the tumors. We are setting up an ultra sound next week.... she is roughly 43 ays not... i just copied and pasted my original post that i had posted in the wrong forum and I just realized i had left the 40 days in there lol... but he wants to do it in the last week to see how big babies are and how many, he thinks about 2 she is not very big for being preggers.
Hi, and blessings in your journey.
It is important for you to know how many puppies are in so you can make sure they all come out. Being already a "mate or a breeder" leads me to think she has had normal deliveries before and it should be normal again.
Puppy food is what we use for pregnant mommies and will keep it until she has weaned all puppies. The Debbie Jensen videos that were suggested will give some help for delivery and hopefully she will be able to nurse and with your help, care for the puppies. We have very limited experience with mammary tumors, but hopefully the milk will come down .
They really get big over the last 2 weeks of pregnancy so a small belly this far is not an indication of fewer puppies.
I am sure that any more specific questions you may have people will try to help you here.
Make a deliver kit and get some clean towels, a clean sterilized scissors ( if you need to cut umbilical cords) , I use no waxed dental floss to tie umbilical cords , and some NUTRICAL on hand for a boost of energy to the momma.
A quiet clean safe area as a helping area, there are many samples online, nothing to fancy, safe and clean will do it. And of course you will need at hand some paper towels and hand sanitizer too. Get this within hands reach near the whelping area a week before due date. ( they can go into labor early) .
Well, you are doing your research and you have a vet by your side. You should be fine.
Blessings to all of you.
Xoxo
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!