View Single Post
Old 07-03-2015, 12:11 PM   #4
tillygirl
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemy View Post
First welcome to Yorkie Talk - such a concern to adopt a pregnant lass with health issues.

First go to Debbie Jensens website which has very good information for you on whelping. You did not mention if you have ever bred before but I am assuming you are quite new to breeding/whelping. I think the best for you is to find a vet that is experienced in whelping and have the whelp at the vets. If this can't be find a whelping coach. You are about 21-23 days away and need to set a fire under your preparing hands. Be prepared to bare the financial burden in case a Csection is needed and or if your gal needs to seek emergency vet care during the whelp.

In terms of the tumors - you definitely want to learn how to tube feed from the vet prior to whelping just in case you need to get nutrition this way into the pups.

Did the vet mention how many pups your gal is expecting? Did the vet mention any likely issues with the cataracts or milk production as a result of the underlying health concerns?
He said I may have to bottle feed if her milk does not come in because of the tumors. And he wants to wait till after babies are born to figure out what to do for the cataracts.And of course spaying and surgery for the tumors. We are setting up an ultra sound next week.... she is roughly 43 ays not... i just copied and pasted my original post that i had posted in the wrong forum and I just realized i had left the 40 days in there lol... but he wants to do it in the last week to see how big babies are and how many, he thinks about 2 she is not very big for being preggers.
tillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!