View Single Post
Old 07-01-2015, 05:02 PM   #1
SamsontheYorkie
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Samson has Pancreatitus. Help.

My 4 year old little boy, Samson, has always been a puker. At least 2 times a week, he would throw up yellow bile in the early morning. I usually gave him a few Cheerios, something kinda dry, to try to settle his tummy.

I never knew why he was puker, but now, I am wondering if there is a connection to what he has now.

On Sunday, I came home from the store to what looked like 2 piles of black jelly. I didnt realize what was wrong with him. Monday, my VET was closed, but I took him to an animal hospital. He was dehydrated, they gave him fluids. Blood work showed Pancreatitis. They sent me home with "give him a bland diet and lots of fluids".
That night, he vomitted most of the night. He was so sick, poor baby. Next morning, I was at my own VET when they opened the doors. They saw him right away. They told me that without further treatment, he would die.

Right now, I am giving him IV fluids morning and night. He is on antibiotics, (because he showed an overgrowth of some bacteria), and he is on sucralfate every 8 hours, fortiflora in the evenings and honey or Caro when his blood sugar seems low. They also sent me special gastro canned dogfood.

I have been giving him 2 TBS of that food in the am. I crush his sucralfate up and mix it in. I do this each time he has to take the sucralfate, which is every 8 hours.

He has not thrown up since Monday night, but today (Wed) he finally had another bowel movement. I looked "better" than Sundays Jellified, mucousy BM, but todays did still have a bit of blood in it.

He is crying for food! I feel so bad not allowing him to eat when he seems like he is so hungry.

do you think it would be safe to give him a TBS of some cooked brown rice with his TBS of canned food?

Do you think he can have a TBS of apple sauce?

Any pointers from any Yorkie owners who have experience with Pancreatitis, PLEASE share!! Thanks so much!!
SamsontheYorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!