View Single Post
Old 06-30-2015, 09:23 PM   #12
danniko
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyGirl Rosie View Post
Hoping the dental goes great! Mikki was refusing to eat and I took her to the vet. And guess what he found? A loose tooth so that can be why she's not eating! Once she had her dental, she lost four more teeth. Her tongue don't hang out and she has adjusted just fine. Sending prayers the dental goes smoothly!
Thanks!

Sophie had her dental today and did well! She was finished around 2pm and home by 7pm. She only ended up needing two teeth pulled - the mutant one and a back one that the top had broken off off. The vet said her x-rays showed that she had another tooth break off and the gum healed over it and said there was no sign of infection so they decided to just leave it as it is probably not bothering her. I wasn't listening perfectly when she was explaining it so I don't remember what she actually said but she said something about it floating and could have been causing her sensitivity with cold. Whatever it was is more commonly seen in cats - she goes back next week for a follow up and I will find out the proper wording when I am there!

It is now 1am and she seems to be doing well. She already wanted a spoonful of her canned food around 9pm and I am going to give her a little more soon since she is bugging me for food and the vet said if she is hungry that she is allowed to eat. She is just on her usual dose of Metacam for any pain she may feel.

She was raspy and whiny all night until my husband got home and then finally went pee and now she is running around and her voice has finally returned (perfect timing...1am and in a hollow apartment building!).

Her teeth look so good and I hope we can at least slow down the progress with proper care. The vet said small dogs can have bad teeth no matter how diligent the care is, so they can only hope to slow it down.

I hope she still feels good in the morning and has an appetite, but I am just happy she is doing better as the night goes on! I hate putting her under for anything but seeing the before and afters, I am so glad we got it done - even if this isn't the reason she has been back and forth with not eating, I am sure her mouth will feel better without a broken tooth and a rotting tooth.
danniko is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!