View Single Post
Old 06-30-2015, 05:06 PM   #33
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkietalkjilly View Post
Oh, thank you, Linda, for your concern and trying to help. It would be good to have a backup plan.

It's not the number of dogs - the more the merrier to Tibbe - but I think most of the vet manager's are bigger dogs and that really worries me as the time grows closer, you know. Just worried she would be able to keep him physically safe from bigger, rowdy dogs as he loves to get right in the middle of play. With my son's big American Bulldog, when Danny still lived in Dallas with his big Tex, a dog which could crush him with a paw, he'd just get right into Tex' midst and begin to rollover, play-bow and jump on Tex's legs and belly, paw at him playfully - so happy - and only the fact that Danny, who knows dogs so well, was down on the floor right beside them and has Tex trained to obey instantly kept me from having a heart attack, though I never was that relaxed with them attempting to play together. But Danny would watch Tex' facial expression, ears, body language and could predict when to call him off.

Tex, though, is a kind of dog whisperer himself and would roll over on his back or get down on his tummy to play with Tibbe as if he sensed he was fragile and tiny. Still, he's a big, dominant bulldog and certain things would trigger an intense focus on Tibbe that Danny would quench and remove Tibbe until Tex was recalcitrant and calm, would walk over to Tibbe and seem to try to make it right. Tibbe never knew anything had almost maybe happened - just pinned his ears back, squinted his eyes up in happiness and jumped back into things, so happy to have another dog around. He's never met another dog he didn't love.

Don't know if other bigger dogs would have that sensibility, restraint and level of training and I'm so scared of my Tibbe getting his back hurt with a huge paw or bigger, stronger dog landing atop his little back and hurting him. I'd just die. I would. Couldn't stand it that he got hurt because I left him in an unsafe situation. So I worried myself into 2 sleepless days and nights until I decided I had to turn to YT and just see if a Yorkie-lover out there could help out. Other Yorkie owners know what they are like - how careless they are and the total lack of judgment or fear of falling off furniture they can show when in prey drive or excited.

Chibiluv has so very kindly offered to take him and we're in the process of making arrangements. She fosters dogs in trouble so I know she's a kind-hearted, caregiver/doglover who is seemingly always out to help a dog in need. And she knows Yorkies and toy dog care! If it works out, I'll be eternally grateful to Veronica for taking my Tibbe in and giving him safehaven while his mommie is trying to get fixed and functional again. But should something come up in her life at the last minute and she can't take him, I'd love to have a back-up and not have to resort to vet boarding or the vet manager if we don't have to.
Very sweet of Chibiluv!! She is closer and I am sure would be much better; but do know I will be here if you ever need me to be.

I hope all goes well for you with your health issues...will keep you in my prayers.
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!