Thread: Bedtime?
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2015, 01:05 PM   #8
JadeD
YT 1000 Club Member

My Yorkies will go to sleep on the couch around 9:30 at night, but not really settle for the night until I take them out at 10:30 for last potty of the night.

When I first got the puppies my puppy Rowan was waking me up at 5:15, 6, 6:30, 5:45. Anything between 5:15-6:30 am was fair game to him. I don't wake up until 7am on school days (my kids) and I like to sleep until 9-9:30 on weekends. This waking up so early was for the birds, but I had to do it.

My daughter's puppy was sleeping in her bed (Rowan was in a crate) and she would sleep until I woke my daughter up at 7am or later on weekends. My daughter went away for a week and I had her puppy in the crate and they both were getting up at 8am (summer) and as soon as my daughter got home and took her puppy back I put mine in bed with me and he sleeps until 9 now!

Teek on the other hand will stay in bed even if I get up and I have to go down and wake him up later but with getting up at 9, he is getting up with us. Before he was staying in bed. We all go to bed about 11 though.

I would just keep pushing back when your put your dog to bed by a few minutes each night and see if that works.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!